This drom is NOT A SAFETY DEVICE and will NOT PREVENT SERIOUS INJURY or DEATH from forward shifting cargo as a result of an accident or improper securement.
To prevent SERIOUS INJURY or DEATH:
- ALWAYS secure your cargo in compliance with FMCSA/DOT regulations. See 49 CFR 393 for specific requirements. Be aware of any applicable state motor carrier regulations.
- NEVER consider this drom to be part of your cargo securement system. It is not a substitute for any cargo securement device and does not change any of the cargo securement requirements.
- NEVER allow cargo to contact drom or use drom as a tie down point.
- NEVER haul a log trailer or a pole trailer with this drom installed. It is a misuse of the drom and is strictly prohibited by Merritt Aluminum Products Company.
- INSPECT drom weekly for cracks or damage. If damaged, replace drom.
- CHECK torque of all bolts every 90 days.
- Use drom for storing chains and equipment. For more information, visit www.merrittproducts.com
- Proper installation of the drom is the responsibility of the installer. If you do not have the proper equipment or skill to install the drom, take your vehicle to an authorized dealer.
- All droms should be installed with an industry accepted mounting system. The mounting system will not prevent serious injury or death from forward shifting cargo as a result of accident or improper securement.
WARNING – NEVER reuse a mounting kit.
ALWAYS read and follow the Mounting Kit Assembly Instructions to ensure proper installation.
Models and/or Specifications Subject to Change Without Notice.
F.O.B. - Fort Lupton CO, Sacramento CA, Salt Lake City UT, Dallas TX, Houston TX, Kansas City MO, Minneapolis MN, Atlanta GA, Pittsburgh PA, Calgary AB (Canada), Toronto ON (Canada)